It is no secret that the past year has been difficult for our industry, but the change it has driven as we emerge from the pandemic is refreshing. Changes in trends and a more agile working style have been rumbling for a few years but Covid has helped tip the balance.
Yesterday it was great to be in Clerkenwell (and out of the house!) visiting the fabulous furniture showrooms that I haven’t been to for some time. Stand out items for me yesterday were:
- Assmann, Siena – as modelled by Niki and I above, Siena is a great addition to any workplace. Perfect for occasional phone calls, quick chats or just a quiet coffee away from your desk
- Sixteen 3, Fuse – the flexibility of this modular concept is awesome
- Boss, Telephone Pod – what’s not to love? An office phone box that looks like a London phone box!
- JDD, Ralph – Such clean and simple lines, with a great name
- Frovi, COLONY – not something that works in every project, but a fantastic addition to give subtle privacy without completely closing off from everyone else within the workplace
- Spacestor – Palisades Grid, as featured below in our project for Tenable. What I particularly like about this classic piece is the flexibility and personalisation it offers; it can work in any setting.
It is an exciting time at Blue Jelly with so many projects on the go, all with such different briefs and challenges, however, one thread seems to be similar across them all; employers have changed. They no longer expect permanent office attendance, most are not dictating the balance between ‘Work from Home’ and ‘Work from Office’ – they are creating environments staff want to use.
The workplace has always been, and will always be, a tool for staff attraction and staff retention; but is yours fit for purpose? What working styles do your employees participate in? Do they all need a fixed and focused traditional desk, or do they need (and specifically come in) to collaborate and exchange ideas? These are just a few of the initial questions you need to consider when designing a new workplace or reimaging an existing one. This thought process is explained and explored in our helpful Blueprint for your Future Workplace guide that we created to help businesses return to the post-pandemic workplace and beyond.
We can help create a Positive Workplace that will not only make best use of the space you are occupying, but also enhance your employee satisfaction, productivity, and motivation. Contact me today to receive your copy of our Blueprint for your Future Workplace guide and to discuss the start of your Blue Jelly journey.